I've learned a lot!

dallas_

It's been a while since I posted here, but I'm getting ready to paint another roadster so I thought I'd check in.

The roadster is running well and still looks ok except for a little road rash. :)

_DSC0428a.jpg

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Looking great ! Glad to hear you got it done. Sure looks like you're enjoying it !

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
I sold the truck about 3 months ago. Went to AR....hard to let go after all that work.
Bought a 2015 Tundra XSP-X Crewmax - at least I can drive it every day lol

Finished the Montego GT in Jan. Pics here
Already got 1200 miles on it
Just had a photo shoot done for a magazine earlier this week :bigokay:

dallas_

TAZ,
Just spent the morning going thru your build thread. Just.... wow. Stunning! Really, really impressive.

I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone else with a brand new '72 Montego GT 429. :)

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you - a ton of work, but just like you...time to enjoy!

Definitely a rare car. marti report shows it as 1 of 202 with the 429 (now a 521 using the original block - the only thing original about the engine lol)
1 of 1 taking in consideration all the options it came with.

txwayno

I was checking out the Mercury too. That's very nice and different :bigokay:.

Last edited:

dallas_

I'm getting ready to paint a plastic bumper cover on my wife's car. Actually, I'm getting ready to re-paint it. The paint did not adhere well the first time.

Is there a special primer for plastic parts?

I used PPG DAS 3025 the first time, but that's more of a sealer than primer?

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
I'm getting ready to paint a plastic bumper cover on my wife's car. Actually, I'm getting ready to re-paint it. The paint did not adhere well the first time.

Is there a special primer for plastic parts?

I used PPG DAS 3025 the first time, but that's more of a sealer than primer?

Sounds like you're stripping it which would leave it raw plastic. On raw plastic I normally just do a light coat of "Bull Dog" adhesion promoter.
Then you can seal and paint.

dallas_

Sounds like you're stripping it which would leave it raw plastic. On raw plastic I normally just do a light coat of "Bull Dog" adhesion promoter.
Then you can seal and paint.

Yes, I stripped it down to the raw plastic. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Glad it worked out for you. Looks like it came out nice.

Aren't all the newer bumpers BIG lol