Where to buy supplies in Tampa, FL?

E

elroyj25

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to purchase paint supplies in the Tampa and or surrounding area? I'm looking for most everything, guns, tape, auto mask, paint, etc. I know there are places online that sell these things at good prices such as coast, but I just wanted to see if there was somewhere I could go and look around and maybe pick some stuff up. Thanks for any help guys.

rex

Scott should know a few names in the area,but look in the yellow pages under automotive bodyshop supplies or jobbers.I'm sure between Tampa,St Pete and Clearwater there's quite a few.Stop by a few bodyshops and ask who they use,usually the majority of reputable shops use well stocked jobbers that give good service and pricing.If there's a Finishmasters around there I'd try to avoid them,they're trying to buy up every little store in this area to monopolize and did in one area.Once they do they crank up the price and they get a chip on their shoulder.

Bornhard

I do not work for this company, nor am I trying to give them a plug, but just some information I had on hand.

Finish Master
4634 North Florida Avenue, Tampa, FL 33603
(813) 238-9733

Finish Master
6616 East Broadway Avenue, Tampa, FL 33619
(813) 621-5597

Do a search on automotive paint supplies in Tampa FL for more selections

Bornhard

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif My bad Rex! I just had the above info on hand and your post WAS NOT posted when I was typing out my reply post. I know what you mean about Finish Masters, though I've gotten a couple good deals from them. The one thing that erked me about them was they were fluctuating my cost per supplies I normally bought off them.

Oooh I wanted to also add that the Car Quest are suppose to be carrying auto paint supplies and selling Valspar and House Of Kolor paints. The Car Quest down here in Bradenton FL has a really good inventory of House Of Kolor in stock and all the other things you'll need to paint. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bigokay.gif

rex

Cool,someone types slower than me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif Looks like they're working the northern territory too.Capitalism at it's best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crap.gif

Bornhard

I don't type slower Rex, I just type more! Oooooh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

Hmmm i'm curious, do all Finish Masters carry DuPont as their paint line?
I like the crew at the local Finish Masters, but noticing the companies ways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tonofbricks.gif

rex

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gifI believe so.The one in Venice had PPG when they bought out Horizon but the way I understand it PPG pulled their line from them.Sounds right from what I've seen over the last few years,I remember when a paintstore could carry more than one of the big 4 US paints without getting spanked.