Whats next after painting?

M

mike

Just finished a toolbox with three coats of urethane. I was told I didn't need to clear coat is there anything I should do polish, buff,etc ?

S

shaunboy

IF THERE IS ALOT OF DIRT IN PAINT I WOULD SAND WITH 1000GRIT THEN SPRAY 1 WET COAT ON TOP IN THE CLEANEST ENVIRONMENT POSSIBLE
THE POLISHING OF A TOOL BOX WILL TAKE LONGER AND COST MORE BESAUSE OF THE MATERIALS.
2 PACK PAINTS NEED TO BE MACHINED BUFFED OR ELSE YOU WILL HAVE THE BIGGEST TASK ON YOUR HAND THAT U CAN IMAGINE FOR A SURFACE ANY BIGGER THAN 1/2 A SQUARE FOOT!!!!!

M

mike

Actually it came out real nice just didn't know what to do next cause I'm new at this. This board has been alot of help, Thanks to all you pro's.

rex

They gave you single stage so clear is optional.If you're happy with it now,enjoy it,you're done.If they didn't tell you,don't wax it yet.You need to give it 30 days to fully cure,so just keep it clean for now with normal washing.I prefer to go 45-60 days before wax based on a 30 day recomendation,but ask the paint store you bought it from since you didn't mention the brand.I use PPG and the above is what I go by.