what size compressor

foxy300

i was wondering what size compressor is the best too air brush, i notice the ones they sell in the sets all say without tank, i was looking at home depot and came across a nice little compressor which had a 2gal tank, pressure rating was up too 100psi didnt have a cfm rating, i was wondering cause the price was only 50.00 dollars,

martin3294

The chances are that the little compressor you have seen will suffice you for now to get used to an airbrush. I guess you will be only running one brush at a time and really airbrushes dont use up lots of air as far as cfm goes. for most auto work between 55 and 65 psi is all the air pressure you will need. When you become more proficient and want more precision then is the time to look at a more expensive and better quality compressor. I started out with a cheap little compressor when I was at art school and grew out of it over a period of time, for now dont fall into the trap of buying something too expensive as you might not use it much or even find you dont like airbrushing. It happens all the time, look on ebay, people buy expensive kit then find out it isnt as easy as it appears to be so the equipement gets sold off at a loss to them.