What is the difference between thees two guns?

LudicrousSpeed

Still trying to decide what gun to buy. I have decided to keep my Sharpe 775 for bases and want to buy a dedicated clear gun.

The two I am looking at are:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2361110359&category=22779
DeVILBISS FLG-615-114 FinishLine II Conventional Gravity Feed Spray Gun

and the

GFG670
GRAVITY SPRAY GUN/CUP W/3TIPS HI-EFFICIENCY http://search.cartserver.com/search/search.cgi?cartid=a-6834&category=databaseDescript&maxhits=5&keywords=DEVGFG6701.2/1.3/1.4MM

What is the main difference between the two besides the price and extra tips?????

My wife just can't understand why I need to spend $270 on another gun...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

ezrider

check out the Finishline 3 HVLP, its all metal, no plastic like the 2. the most bang for the buck at about $150. it sprays like guns triple its price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yay.gif

C

capt. mysterio

if you're a bidding type, they go for ~100+ship on ebay. =)

Bornhard

That $450 Sata is one of the best clear coat sprayers out there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

That Finish Line Devilbis. I was given one of those for free and hmmm, all I can say is it barely does a good job with primer. Though I recently heard they've been improved, but cost a little more now.

Ok, promise me no one will laugh, but when I started I actually went to Lowe's and bought a $120 Portel Cable spray gun (I think they carry Husky brand now, but samething) and it sprayed a really fine spray for clearing. Just have to tinker with it & keep things really clean as with all spray guns.

After getting a Sata 'cause of all the hype I noticed some slight improvement, but one spray gun cost $120 and the other $450. Just go within your budget, but the name isn't everything.

I also own a Devilbiss Plus (I think?) and love it!!!!

Do some shopping around and you'll come across a deal.

LudicrousSpeed

Well, I went ahead and splurged with the GFG Plus gun.

I ordered it on a wednesday evening from Tool Paradise and had it Friday evening!!!

I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, as all I have done in the last few days was the door jambs of the Mustang I am working on.

I will post results when finished! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yay.gif

rex

LS,you will really like the Plus.I started with the 1.4 for clear and went to the 1.3 but it's a little slow moving for an overall-no biggie if your reducer/hardner selection is right though.The 1.3 also works great for base,much nicer on those squirrely metallics like Ford's code CX charcoal that is just a piss poor color in PPG DBC and loves to mottle slightly.

Joe,those cheap guns aren't that bad.I remember many years ago working in the production (butcher) shop using the $40 Binks 7 copy alot.Nowadays it's even better because there's a copy of just about every gun out there.The shop is using a $100 Iwata copy for primer now and if I can find one with a smaller tip than that huge 1.8 it comes with I'll buy one real fast.Sometimes I don't understand what these people are thinking when they put these monster tips in them and say they're a primer gum-large flake I can see but that's way too big for primer,even choked down you're wasting time sanding out too much peel.