What do you think?

dlynch

So I bought my 94 Silverado from a neighbor which came with the custom paint, but everyone I talk to doesn't seem to like the sceem of the paint. So I'm going to paint it, but i cant decide on what color I'm only going to paint the teal/top color. Either black or maroon. Any other sujestions? what do you think would look better?

2urbeqp.jpg

rodrocket

I Vote Maroon or a nice Red like PPG Varience "Oh So Sexy"

once you see the color you will know what i mean

maybe paint the front aswell & slope the front edge of the front guards similar to the shape of the front edge of the Black / Flame

you could even ghost some black or silver flames into the red

just my $0.02 worth

regards
rod

rodrocket

imagine a line from were the front guard & the flare meets the lower headlight & it arches around in front of the flare & meets back up at the top of the guard mid way along

sorry for taking a rattle can to your truck :freak: hope it washes off

this is rough as its done in paint but it will give you an idea of what i was talking about

regards
rod

Last edited:

dlynch

Ya I like that but what should i do with the grey pinstriped flames witch are deviding the teal and pearl white?

T

TAZ

Sharp truck!

If the teal is perfect and it's a bc/cc type paint (I would think it would be), I would prep it, then just paint some candy brandywine over the teal. This would give you a nice deep rich looking candy black cherry look.
:bigokay:

dlynch

I'm new at spraying and i want to save money so i want to do it my self. I heard candy colors are hard to shoot and one small mistake you may have to start all over again. that true?

T

TAZ

Yes, candies are a little bit harder to paint.

Probably best just to go with a bc/cc type paint then.

:cheers:

T

TAZ

For a newbie, it would be easy for the paint to 'model' (could be the wrong spelling to use for this instance) which means you can get dark and light spots, or streaks throughout the paint job if not careful.

It's also fairly easy to get the job too light or too dark.

Sure would look sharp though!

T

TAZ

Can't really tell...looks like a beige with possibly a darker beige color faded into it.

Ultra Al

You can learn to shoot candy. Just do a few panels for practice first to dial in your technique.The main thing is to keep your gun perpendicular and the same distanse off the substrate, regardless of the contour of the body and do about a 70% overlap and do the long robot walk. i like to go in the same direction rather than back and forth, it takes practice but it aint rocket science. AL

hoss

i'd say it's a light yellow w/ some type of white pearl then faded w/ a darker yellow. ???