What do we think of the Beugler pinstripe tool?

grichardson152

Been Painting for longer than I care to remember and always done it by hand. A buddy of mine handed me a Beugler pinstriper tool, told me it would make my life alot easier. Haven't had the time to really try it out and was wondering if anyone has and what they thought?

Thanx

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
Beugler

Well in my opinion the best option you have is to keep it in the box. There is a use for them such as doing large projects such as a semi. Sometimes on the start up you can get a little stutter and it is difficult to join on to an existing line. But for small projects no,and they are messy. Then again it may work for your application,so giver a go. you could suprise me.

grichardson152

I'll have to give it a shot and let you know how it works out for me, might end up one of those tools in the box you find years later and go....oh ya I remember that thing.

Last edited:

grichardson152

Ok, finally tried it out. Here's my opinion just incase I'm not the only one out there thinking the same thing I was..... 1) True, messy as hell and theres no way possible to get into every nook and cranny and get all that paint out, even soaking don't cut it..... 2) To get a nice point at the end of your stroke, you have to turn it up on the side of the wheel and gradually lift off. This is going to take alot of attempts to get it right..... 3) I could see how you could get stutter at first, I resolved this by doing a few strokes first on some paper then wiping off any access paint that seemed to thick from the sides of the wheel..... 4) joining lines wasn't to bad at all, added a few drops of reducer to the paint and it flowed right together..... Overall, If your doing a large job that is all the same color, go for it. If its a job that you plan on using several color combo's, don't even pick it up. My opinion, If I had to pay what their asking for these new, I wouldn't.

Hope this helps

1-shot slinger

I have two of them . I used one to stripe my diving board at my old house . Good for long lines .Some people stripe with them .