Teaching Kids

L

lilacgirl4

Hello out there! I am brand new to this site but I gotta tell you that you guys are awesome! I am a special education teacher here in Ca. I am teaching at a vocational high school, only one of it's kind
wink.gif
We are going to be taking a regular bike frame and make it into a mock harley chopper. We wanted to do a trick tank and fenders, can you guys give us any hints as to where to start? Thanks for all the great ideas and info, I'll be visiting more often!
bounce.gif

L

lilacgirl4

Well duh! I just realized what a great site this is. All I needed to do was searcha little further and I would've gotten all the info I needed. Forgive the newbe please!
frown.gif

rex

Hey,no apologies necessary.If you don't find an answer just ask.If you don't get an answer fast it's because it's out of the norm and someone will eventually jump in with at least a recommendation.Welcome to the site also.Sounds like the project will be a blast.

L

lilacgirl4

Thanks Rex!
hey we styled the tanks today. We're going with a coffin style. we also chopped the frame and figured out the rake. The kids are really excited to see it. sorta. At first they were saying "Oh that's stupid! " but now that it's taking a little shape they all want the credit for the work so far. hahahaha.
haha.gif
isn't that the way though, the minute you get somethin' cool goin' someone else wants the credit! Talk to you guys later!

T

TWISTED

I'm working on a 50cc yamaha with my sons. It will be ridable but mostly used for a halloween decoration. Skull headlight and a ribcage around the motor.
devil.gif
We're even molding the frame to look like bones. It's great to see them excited about something other than video games. (especially since they are only 7 and 8)

L

lilacgirl4

twisted,
Can you send a picture while you are working on it? It sounds like it's pretty neat!
bounce.gif

T

TWISTED

My kids are having a blast so far. Still making the parts. Nothing is on the bike yet.
My youngest son (7) is into psycho clowns. Like the old movie Killer Clowns from Outer Space.
Our next project is going to be an old ice cream truck like the one from the movie.