Striping bike parts

Wayne Smith

I just did a bobber , the body parts were a rear fender for a 300 tire(converted trailer fender) Ironhorse gas tank(the one that looks like a big sportster tank )and a skinny front fender.The tank and the rear fender went easy but the front fender gave me fits.I realized that although I have a tank and a couple of helmets I practice on the shape of the skinny fender was new to me.I talked to a friend who suggested getting a can to practice on but it's not the same.The compound curves of the fender and how small it is mean you really have to pull the lines with great concentration to keep them all the same width.Guess I have to find a half decent front fender to practice on.

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
well i'm glad you gotter done. Sometimes it's hard when you have to lay lines on something with compound curves to it. Pulling lines on a panel in a nice comfy workshop is certainly different than stripping on a car. Especially when you have to contend with outside mirrors,aerials, and all kinds of lumps and bumps. Get yourself a piece of 4 inch pvc water pipe. Then cut it lengthwise, works great for practice on curved surfaces. How bout some photos of your latest project. Keep'em wet Wayne.