Stir, stir, stir...

T

TAZ

When you use House of Kolors Kandies, be sure and mix the paint up very good. Even though it is only a tinted clearcoat, the candy concentrate separates itself and is on the bottom of the can.

Same goes with "color shift" paints. The pigment is very heavy. I place a bolt or nut in the bottom of the can (or bottle) to make sure it is mixed properly.

J

joe costanza

ppg makes bladder cups I love them . look in to them .

M

Mac_Muz

Hi ya! Scott! Mac here again... having not much to offer for a while I kinda backed out.

Reading the nut tip, and beginning a new project, I wonder if a nut in the paint gun can be used? I am shooting a one step Nason (Dupont) 2K Urethane this time.

I tried in too windy of a day and have just sanded out the dirt.
frown.gif
I am ready for a final de-dusting but will wait till the wind drops..

last time it was a bike tank and side covers in the shower if you re-call.. This time is is a whole car and I can't get it in the shower...
2idea.gif

But could a nut be used to stir paint in a syphon gun? Mac

79elkyss

Hi Mac, I'm not Kevin, but I have heard of using a marble or a ball bearing in the cup to agitate the paint while spraying. I would think a clean 1/2" ball bearing would be best since it is heavier.

rex

Hey,what's up Mac?I like 79s way with ball bearings,but I've used everything from nuts and bolts and screws to small sockets in a pinch.You mainly use this trick when playing with candies,pearls and flakes.I don't do it in pearls but I'll take Scott's word on the colorshift stuff.Regular basecoat colors and straight clear you don't need to mess with it.