spray gun help

foxy300

i am looking to buy a new spray gun i am leaning toward the devilbliss gti 620 has anyone every used this gun, i found it in a combo kit that also includes a primary gun for 430.00 so i am looking for any info about the guns thanks

T

TAZ

Never used that gun. I used to use the Devilbiss when I was using siphon fed guns...but we're pretty hooked on the Sata's now. We have about 5-6 of them in the shop.

Anyone else?
:ears:

Ultra Al

If you are on a tight budget the Devilbiss GFG plus is a good one for about $270 bucks from Tool Paradise. It is an RP (reduced pressure gun) and not an HVLP, check your local regs. AL

AirArt

I also use nothing but Satas now but there is a gun made be Devilbiss called Finishline II that comes with a couple different sized nozzles. I still use it occasionally for basecoats. It's a decent enough gun that you can find for short money and sometimes there's a two gun combo kit for sale, again for very short money for decent guns.
I think anyone that is serious and depends on their equipment to support themselves will gravitate towards the Satas. They sure are fantastic guns but may not be what you need at this point.
Check out the Finishline series from Devilbiss.
The Autobody store has a gravity feed 1.5mm for $100 and a gravity feed 1.3mm for $117.
These two guns would be fine for primer and basecoat. The 1.3mm could be used for clear though a separate clear gun is always a good idea.
Good luck,
Phil

Last edited:

SportriderBryan

I have a cheap eBay HVLP gun that I'm using now, 'cause I didn't have much money to spend when I needed a gun. It works well enough for a $35 dollar gun but I will be getting a Sata or Devilbis once some money rolls in. I'll probably keep the eBay "special" as a primer gun.

I ran a Sharpe Cobalt when I worked at the body shop that worked great and I never had a problem with it. I think I bought it for $150 or so. I sold it when I left the body shop though.

I would recommend, even though your just starting out, not to buy any gun that's less then $100. Your asking for a pece of junk and without experience, all you're gonna learn is how to shoot paint through a junk gun. If you serious about starting to paint, find a gun in the $100 to $150 range and start shooting anything you can get your hands on. Practice makes perfect.