sanding sponges

reone98

Has anybody used the 3M™ Sanding Sponges ? Would they be ok to sand the interior of my jeep before i paint it ? Or do you recomend something else. Thanks
smile.gif

rex

Are you painting the whole inside or just pieces?If your doing the whole thing,I'd look for an electric orbital or even a jitterbug.Man,that's a bit of area.Then just scotchbrite the areas you couldn't get.I prefer wet sanding with scotchbrites,it's much more effective.For smaller areas like just the dash or something hand sanding is ok.I'm not sure which pad you mean because there's a bunch available,but I like the round blue one that holds a piece of 6" DA paper and the 3x5 double sided hard/soft pad (black and grey).Water ruins the soft grey side so have 2 or dry it when you're done wetsanding.I prefer Motorguard's version because the hard black side is a touch softer and more flexible for round surfaces.

G

guest01

I use the 3m sanding sponges daily I prefer them over scotchbrite. Use the fine if you are using a two part sealer superfine if its a shake and shoot. Good Luck!