Reducing Ratio's

G

Garry

Reducing Ratio\'s

Hello Scott, I've read your posts on "over-reducing" pearls, and mixing them with a clear B/C or toner. I'm gonna be using a DBC4982 K B/C for my flames. Maybe you have this # in one of your fan-decks or color chip books. The color is called Bright Sapphire, although I always thought sapphire was blue, it has alot of purple tone in it, which is what I'm after, I'm happy with the color. Question is, it's a metallic..a very "pearly" looking metallic.If that makes sense. Anyway,the mix ratio is 1:1, what ratio would I go to to over-reduce? 1:1 1/2...1:2 maybe? I'm trying to accomplish a semi-ghost effect.. a little bit more stand-out than the ones in the How-To Section. Also I am not using a Clear B/C..just over-reducing the paint and it will be shot via air-brush. Thanks..I'm gonna go mask em off now.

T

TAZ

Re: Reducing Ratio\'s

To "over-reduce", 1/1/2 to 1 or the 1 to 2 would be fine, basically as long as it is thinner then normal. This gives you more of a "window" to make sure your get the effect you want out of the ghost flames.

I've really never use a regular color to try to achieve ghost flames or unless it is the exact same color as the original that you are flaming over. Then I would simply lighten or darken to give it a specific effect. As you mentioned in your post, anytime you see that I over-reduce a pearl for a ghost flame job, I am using a straight pearl toner, not a color.
Good Luck on your Flame Job!

G

Garry

Re: Reducing Ratio\'s

Thank You Scott!!...I'll keep you posted.