real flames

hoss

did anyone see the episode of rides that showcased mike lavally's(sp) realistic flame techniques? It seemed a bit helpfull in the free hand approach to painting.

just an fyi if you haven't seen it.

M

MasterxAce

yea i saw it... looks good hes coming out with a how-to on how to do it on a video. My teacher at wyotech told me that its all in the process of how to do it not so much the free hand cause in reality flames aren't uniform so its just the layers. the class before me had a student do the decklid of an old street rod and without ever airburushing in his life whipped out a very nice realistic flame. id probably still buy the video tho haha

T

TAZ

I went to his site a few weeks ago. I think he has that video available now?!

Welcome to the Flames Board MasterxAce

Ultra Al

I think it will be available in about a week for $69. IF you go to Mikes website (KILLERPAINT) you can get on list and be notified by email. Craig Fraser is also about to release a true fire DVD. Seems like everybody's doin it. Al

flamethrower

Yeah, he's the original, and he has the arogant attitude to go with it. It's best if you learn to do this art yourself, cause if you want his highness to do it, you better stand in the long line to kiss his a$$.

LudicrousSpeed

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, he's the original, and he has the arogant attitude to go with it. It's best if you learn to do this art yourself, cause if you want his highness to do it, you better stand in the long line to kiss his a$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I heard the same thing about Craig Fraiser!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beat.gif