Question about pricing for flames.

J

Jay

This is not really a post about getting an estimate, just some insight. A guy wants me to do flames on his dragster. He wants me to do it where I think it's white at the front then fades to red but I'm not positive. The problem is I don't know what to charge. I know it should be enough to cover materials and labor but I don't know if you go by a sort of labor rate (as in per hour). It's a rail dragster by the way and he wants each side and the top flamed to give you an idea. Any info would be greatly appreciated. If you don't want to reply here, you can email me transamguy22@aol.com . Thanks a bunch.

T

TAZ

Jay,
Once you do the flames, do you have to clear the rail or just the flames? Let me know.

Just out of curiosity, what's the base color of the rail?

Maybe a white to a silver to a red would look great.

I'll email you directly with an idea of what I would charge.

J

Jay

Scott, I don't know what color it is now (i'm guessing black because he has a porsche that he wants the dragster to match which is black where there are no flames) but if it's not black, I think he'll probably want me to paint it black then do the flames over that. I don't get what you mean will I have to clear rail or just the flames. Does that mean clear the whole body panel or what there is of one or what? I emailed you some pics of hoods I've done by the way. I figured that would be easier to get an opinion on instead of putting them on a website and all that stuff. Thanks.