PPG Intercoat clear...

Payupsucker

Hey guys, Im shooting a Honda 900RR for a buddy in the two tone Fireblade style. I am using DBC base with DC3000 Velocity clear. What Im wondering is I was planning on shooting the 1st base, then one coat of clear, lay out the graphics then the rest. My cousin will be making the vinyl stencils for the graphics but I have had problems in the past when using the vinyl over just base. Can I use the DC3000 as an intercoat clear, or am I going to have problems? Any suggestions on what else I can use?

Thanks a bunch!

Shane

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
ppg

If you use vinyl for the mask just be sure to use the proper paint mask material and not your sign vinyl. Avery makes a good one.

Payupsucker

If you use vinyl for the mask just be sure to use the proper paint mask material and not your sign vinyl. Avery makes a good one.

Thanks for that advice! Yes, I will be using the mask this time, if it comes in. I have used the regular sign vinyl in the past over Omni clear with good results, but Ill never ever use it on just a base. Not again anyways! LOL

I would like to use an intercoat clear though, so I dont have to rush the layout.

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
vinyl

using ICC will not be a problem if you use the proper vinyl paint mask. Just let it dry well,scuff it up with a grey scotchbrite. Apply your vinyl and carry on. I myself use DBC 500 in this way and have never had an issue with it.