Poor Mans Infrared Lamps

blaino

I was painting a set of fenders for a friend of mine and needed to finish them by the weekend because I was leaving Monday on business. I told him that more than likely this will not happen.
crap.gif

So anyway... While out at Wally World picking up some 4 foot light bulbs I ran across the regular infrared bathroom bulbs. I said what the heck ...I picked up three and three clamp lamps.
2idea.gif

After my clear set-up, I placed the lamps 2 ft from my metal ....watching it closely making sure not to start a blaze
shocked.gif

I also placed a fan near by on low speed blowing gently to help the gassing of the clear.
This also helps distribute the heat, not letting one spot of the metal take the direct light beam . With this setup the lamps produced 122 degree. It took 4 hours for 2 fenders to cure totally

I am curious if anybody has thought or done this ? I plan on making and curring booth out of a old metal storage cabinet with wire shelfs with positive air flow on the bottom.

I need some feedback on this (Pro's and Con's) For my first attempt it worked great.

Well it looks like he will be getting his fenders tomorrow.
grin.gif