PIN STRIPPING FLAMES ?

T

TAZ

The pinstripe idea will work just fine. Layout your flames, dust some purple around the inside edge of the flames, then tape off around the inside edge with 1/8" tape, then spray flames, pull off your 1/8" and wa-lah, you have pinstripes.

As far as your PPG question, I use the Global system and I would suggest waiting about 45 minutes to hour. Sometimes sooner, sometimes longer. I have an oven in the booth, so I can usually cut this time in 1/2.

C

Chevelle-fan

im going to give it a try and when it work's out i'll post a picture ,,,ok im not that sure it will work but it sounded good for a minute,if it turns out nice i will post a picture,,there is always someone trying to find a short cut to pinstripping flames i tried it once with a pinstrippers brush and failed ,tape is not the answer so i figured on the extra tape and time but i needed some input,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank's again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Rick

C

Chevelle-fan

if i was to outline my flames in this manner?
let's say i tape out my flames then lay out we'll say purple around the outside edges of the whole scheme then use 1/8 nch tape and tape the whole outside flame pattern then go ahead and add my yellow orange red fade after all is said and done with tape removed should i have a succesfull purple outlined flame job after i clear the whole thing,,or will the edges of the paint get thrown off?another question when using bc/cc ppg paint how long untill i can tape over it between stages i believe i only have 24 hours to put on the clear after the base is laid ,so how long must the base set before i can tape on top of it?
thank's in advance,
Rick

N

Nate Hansen

Pinstriping by brush is very hard, don't expect results the first time. It takes hours, days, hell years of practice, and it can be very frustrating.

C

Chevelle-fan

i did find a cool tool made by a company Beugler you can pin stripe with a wheel in various sizes,sort of like a pen ,you fill it with paint and go,has anyone used a tool anything like it? it cost about 100 buck's plus for added wheels i was thinking of buying it but would like to get some input on it first
Rick