parts stand How To???

M

Mitchb71

When are we gonna get to see that? Just curious. LOL im bored i need something to do.

T

TAZ

Mitch,
Got pretty swamped with work when I got back from the cruise. I really dont know when I'll get to it. Hopefully soon though.

good_bye.gif

T

TAZ

Mitch,
You will be glad to know I made a new stand today and took quite a few pics for the "Motorcycle Parts Stand How-To". I will have it up this weekend.

bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

cheers.gif

The page will be here
I will add a link on the Flames Board, along with a link on each page on the left hand toolbar.
Enjoy!
grin.gif

ezrider

Scott, i am one step ahead of you now. i made a fixture for 1 piece tanks ( including 2000 and up Softails ). Cut a piece of 2 x 4 to fit in between the two mounting points on the top of the stand and use two Large diamater wood screws (3/8 or so )with large heads to fasten it. before you spray the tank blow a little color in the tanks tunnel and let it dry . after its dry just lay the tank on top of the stand and spray away. i have two one piece tanks to paint now, Hopefully one on saturday, i will let you know how it works i have had a tank setting on mine in the garage for a week now and i think it will work.Thanks for the idea of making them its about a third of the cost of buying them and i think they will work better the the ones you can buy becouse you can adapt them to your spacific needs. i have two built and the other two i am still figuring out ill let you know when i have it thought out
bigokay.gif
cheers.gif

rex

I'm still building mine so I'll get some pix soon.I have $20 in threaded rod and conduit.The bases are donut spare car wheels I got for free and the misc. nuts and bolts were free.They'll be adjustable and a simple switch of a rod or two and you can bolt them solid to buff.I got a little anal about getting maximum access to the bottoms for painting up under the tank and running the inside edge of the fenders.I'll still need to make a jig later for 2 piece tanks,but I have a tree at work that works pretty well.Can't wait to retire the sawhorse with 2x4 Ts to hold the fenders.