Painting Tip - Tape Outlining (tight window rubbers)

T

TAZ

One of my favorite "General Painting" tips is if you are taping up a newer car/truck, most of them have rubbers that are *very* close to the painted surface, so what you need to do is, for example, tape off the windows approx. 1/4" away from the edge of the rubber/paint surface, then add you masking paper. Your *final* taping should be the outline between the rubber/paint. This way, immediately after clearing, you can remove this "final outline" tape that you applied, thus leaving a nice smooth edge with no chance of peeling the clear back since the clear is fresh.

You will need to do this *immediately* after you have finished your last coat. So be sure and blow off the auto *real* good, before you tape it up, otherwise dirt will fall into the paint when you remove the tape.

Enjoy!
Scott F
cool.gif

F

Fineliner

Good advce Scott, thatw the way i have done for quite some time. After i finish shooting the last coat of cleat and by the time i clean my guns out and wash up. I go in the booth and remove the fineline tape from the egdes. Then i let ti bake to a golden brown souflet. LOL!!!!!!