Paint lessons, classes, instruction

rabbgp

I live in Austin Texas and am wanting to locate a class of some sort that teaches automotive painting. Or some place that I could intern to get some hands on experience. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks

flamethrower

Start with your local tech schools & junior colleges. They almost allways have restoration body shop classes. Most of the night classes allow you to bring in your own project and work on it. My first project was done like that. I painted my own Harley that way. It cost me $400 for a 12 class quarter, but that heated down draft paint booth was worth every penny.

A

airbrown

Spray Booth

Do anyone have plan for a good home made spraybooth. I use autoair for my airbrushing, so I'm not so worried about the painting. But I would like to start clearing my on helmets. I have nice size garage with a low level, which I can turn into a nice paint area. But the lower level only has a garage door opennig and no windows, so how can I vent clean air in & dirt air out.

G

Goldilocks

Re: Spray Booth

ya i can relate, i just picked up cross flow booth to have something to spray in tired of just garage, cough, hach choke, lol