Our painting needs

T

TAZ

Our painting needs

Paul,
Welcome to the Flames Board... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif
Not for sure if you are painting the boxes or airbrushing them. I assume you are painting them complete, then airbrushing them. If you are, you may want to consider a small HVLP gun like the Iwata W-100. I use this for smaller jobs, and the itemization is excellent. This would work pefect for your boxes.

If you do some airbrush work on them, then the Iwata is the way to go. But you should have both if you spray/airbrush the boxes complete.

As far as HOK paint. If you do alot of the same colors as the base, I think buying a quart will go a long way. Average cost for a quart is about $45. Sure beats paying $55 a *pint* for good PPG basecoat colors.

As far as the compressor, I've never used that compressor, so I can't say too much about it if this will be enough or not (possibly another member can comment on this). I did notice that you said 'we', so I assume more than one will be using this compressor at the same time. I would think at $340 for the compressor, you might want to invest in a bigger compressor. You should be able to get a 5HP (or even a 3HP) for a tad bit more than that.
Check out these compressors.

These will also give you room to grow.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/luck.gif