ohhh sh#$!!!!

hoss

I was buffing a fender today, on my homemade fender holders, and my buffer hooked and edge and the fender flew off the stand on the concrete floor.
OHH Sh#$!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/foreheadslap.gif
My heart stopped, i just spent 20 hrs on this job. I picked up the fender, and i couldn't find a scratch or dent anywhere. How lucky was that?? someone was watchin' over me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yay.gif

T

tiller2nv

Man thats lucky! I use a small hand help buffer for that reason.

revvinkevin

I did the same thing last week, however I wasn't as lucky. 1 large scratch all the way to the metal. I had to strip it back to the bare metal to match the candies and pearls. Thank your guardian angels.

T

TAZ

Very lucky. I'm sure we've all been through it.
You still can never get used to a 'twitch' to a fender while your buffing a fender on a stand.I once we buffine a rear fender of a V-Rod. Flipped it right off the table onto the floor....whew...no damage. I when I say 'flipped' I mean it. You know how light those fenders are!!!

I once had two stretch tanks side by side with the 'tabs' taped together to hole them together...I just finsihed the flame layout and just stook back to check it out, and then it happened, the tape let losse and the tank was on the ground. Serious damage to this one. Plus I just lost a flame layout.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek_yello.gif

Bornhard

I don't feel so bad now. I just ripped through the paint on the edge of a soft tail fender tonight while buffing. Luckly it's a solid color and I can touch it up easily.