OCC Schwinn

T

TAZ

Anyone see the new OCC Schwinn bikes. Man, If I had a boy, I'd have to get him one.
Seem to be a real hot item right now. You buy them in the store for $177 (if you can find them), then they turn around and sell them for $250+
I saw one for $599

See some here

Remember the old Schwinn Krate bikes. I had one up until about 3 years ago. I had the 1972 Orange Krate. Sold it for $1000.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

flamethrower

Maybe they'll start selling glue on grey fu manchu mustaches for the little guys too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lolsign.gif

PAULIE!

MICHAEL!

Where the hell are those guys?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roflmao.gif

flamethrower

Hey Scott, was that Krate the one with the banana seat? Even if it isn't, $1000??? Man you got a way with customers!

Way to go!

T

TAZ

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lolsign.gif

The Krate did have the banana seat.
It also had the slick, ad springer front, a metalflake seat, 5 speed shifter, with ape hangers...

Actually, I've seen them go for quite a bit more than $1000. I ran across one a while ago for $3500
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek_yello.gif

orange_krate.jpg

flamethrower

Man, that springer front end is trick! Mine looked similar, but didn't have the springer, or the shifter (mine was a single speed). It was kelly green with the fat slick in the back, sparkly kelly green seat, and apes.

A

alienboy

Put some stupid diamond tread on that bike and send it to someone to chrome and paint, and your right.....it is a OCC bike.

Yes, that's sarcasm.....

Jim

AHHH the good ole days!I had a green, apple crate like that when I was a kid,I was a paperboy,had hooks and a big bag full of papers up front, rode like a dream.I was soooo cool back then...what happened?....oh,nevermind.

T

TAZ

Jim,
aaaahhh... you must have had the "Pea Picker", yes those were the days. Now we have to work our lives away....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbutt.gif

By the way, here are a list of what I remember of the Schwinn Krate bike names.

Pea Picker
Lemon Peeler
Orange Krate
Apple Peeler
Grey Ghost
Cotton Peeler

Grape Krate...Might not have made it to production (maybe a hoax??), but I have seen one...real...who knows?

Check out this Grey Ghost Krate..$2200, damn, should have hung onto the Orange Krate. I only had it for about 4 years though. Bought it for $500, solid it for $1000. I replaced the seat with a NOS metalflake Schwinn seat and the orange hand grips. All else was original.

Some of these even came with rear disc brake units.
Brand new...about $130
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yikes02.gif

Jim

Crash...What crash? I can't remember much since I started painting.Should I be wearing something?But then I could'nt smell that clearcoat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

Jim

Scott,Now that you mention it,Pea Picker sounds right!I remember my mom and I went to the Schwinn dealer and bought it used.It must of been that one time I was a Good boy or...maybe she just wanted me to get away from the house quicker.I'll have to ask her. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roflmao.gif