not enough time

signpntr

long story short my designs are too complicated to finish in one day and CLEAR my BASE paint. I'm told that clear has GOT to go on pretty soon. I don't want the build up of a normal pass with clear, I can't take up all the tape and have to retape the next day.
Any solutions? thin the clear? Get some catalyst down in something thin?
Desperate, and this problem won't be going away with the designs I like to do...

flamepain

when you are done for the day spray over what you have with intercoat clear.(clear base)now you can scuff your work before continuing.iv'e left base for two or three days with no ill effects though it's not recomended.

signpntr

Great, I'll finally get some use out of one of those USED ONCE cans of paint. I guess there's not much build up, right?
THANKS !!

flamepain

very little build and you can continue base coat work without scuffing.there is no time limit for base on base.the idea behind clear base is you can scuff it.(grey 3m scuff pad)without hurting your graphics before clear coat.good luck.

signpntr

I used 1/8th MASKING tape for tight corners but if I put a silver base it can bleed and peek out under the top coat. Now I'm wondering if this intercoat clear might be a wall to keep that undercoat from showing. I know 1/8th masking is unorthodox but if the clear stopped the bleeding it is SO much more flexible.
Have I gone to far? Sacrilege?
thanks again