Newbie here with some questions. Good starter spray gun???

krisnet55

Hey guys first of all wanted to say hi to everybody and want to thank you in advance for all the info provided in this forum. I am pretty much a do it yourself guy and im into motorcycles.
Well me question would be that I need to paint some race fairings for my bike and currently painted them with spray cans and I know that sooner or later they are going to start peeling or chipping.
Im not really that picky as far as perfection goes. I dont need to go crazy because sooner or later im bond to take a spill on the track. What im basically looking for is a hobby gun, dont need no $200+ spay gun. Just something that will paint/spray as good or better then spray cans. I was looking at the craftsman guns and the husky ones, any recomendations? Maybe some other better brands that im not aware of?

Oh I did a search but all you guys recomend these expensive guns and thats not really what I need.

Thanks and hope im welcomed to the form:bigokay:

fireboat

A bunch of people have used the harbor freight 43430 purple spray gun. It goes on sale pretty regularly for $39. It is a bit of an air hog so you need a decent compressor though if you are just painting bike fairings, you can get away with a smaller compressor. Quality control is not great on the HF gun, so some spray better than others.
My (and many others) favorite econo gun is the Astro EVO 4014 for about $80-90. It doesn't need much air and it sprays just about as good as a lot of guns costing much more.
Make sure you use a good mask.

LudicrousSpeed

Eastwood has some Devilbiss guns for a decent price, but I found the same startingline guns on spraygundopot.com for a lot cheaper. They spray pretty nice for a cheaper gun, but are far from junk.