New to auto body/painting world

asdf22

Hello my name is Anthony, I am 18 and am looking into getting to a autobody/painting career. I have watched videos and read articles but I have little to no hands on experience. The only thing I have done is sand and primer(spray primer, i know bad move), but other then that i am extremely raw. I am debating weather to go to auto body school at my local community college, or if i should try to become a helper and get on job training any advice would be helpful. Thanks! i look forward to contributing to this site as I progress with my career

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like the same questions I asked myself when I was you age. I ended up going to a local vo tech school, then toward the end, went 'co-op' (1/2 day school, 1/2 day work). I would suggest doing the same if you can afford it. If not, find a local bodyshop and start at the bottom and watch others.

asdf22

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like the same questions I asked myself when I was you age. I ended up going to a local vo tech school, then toward the end, went 'co-op' (1/2 day school, 1/2 day work). I would suggest doing the same if you can afford it. If not, find a local bodyshop and start at the bottom and watch others.
Thanks for the advice, i really appreciate it. I think I will try a combination of both, I'm really excited to get started Thanks again