New in here

K

keyman

I have a question I hope I can get answered. It looks like with all this expertise that won't be a problem. This is an awesome site for tapping into some great knowledge. My question is about drop shadows. I am painting my Harley using a PPG black metallic with PPG bright/pure silver tribal flames. Some of the flames cross over each other so I wanted to put a drop shadow on each to get that layered look. I masked the edges of the flames and shot a vivid black. It looks too harsh. Any suggestions for a color that would soften up the appearance of the shadows? Possibly a lighter shade of black or maybe a grey? What color pinstripe would compliment this combination? I was thinking a bright red? I look forward to hearing some advice. Thanks.
Keyman

Bornhard

slighty over reducing the black or adding some of that black to intercoat clear would soften up the harshness of the drop shadow. Also using some HoK Kandy Koncentrate violet would work in some cases. I like to add a drop or two of black to that violet mixture.

Red sounds like a good choice for a pinstripe