Need some help....

I

imjustrottn

I am having a little trouble finding the color paint I want. I am looking for a dark metallic purple (almost black). Then what do I use on that color to create the ghost flame affect? I posted in the flame section, but no one has answered yet. Just wondering if anyone had some ideas.

Thanks bunches,
wink.gif

T

TAZ

Hi Amy,
Your best bet is to have your local auto paint supply store help you make your own color (if they will).
Going off the top of my head, if your paint supply store carries the PPG Global system, I would suggest making up a mix of paint like this.

Most of this will be the #740 toner (black)
Then I would add very little of "rich blue" and "magenta", then add some violet pearl. All of which are smaller amounts of toners except for the black. Or you can find a car at your local dealership that has a color you might be interested in, get the code off of it, then have your paint supply store mix this up for you.

I could probably mix this up for you if you wish. I would need to talk to you by phone just to make sure I have an idea of what color it is you are trying to achieve.
Cost would be $30/pint. The mix would be done in PPG Global. Most any clear can be sprayed over this. It would also come already reduced ready to spray.

You can contact me if you are interested.

As far as the ghost flames, you could use a "violet" pearl, that would look very good over the drk. purple-black.

Hope this helps!

[ 11-02-2001: Message edited by: Scott F ]