need info on air brushes

foxy300

i am looking into buying my first air brush , i want a good one but dont break the bank, which is better a single action or dual action and what is the differnce between the too of them? Has anyone rought a brush from air brush city? They have a set up on ebay that includes a compressor 4 air brushes some paint and a vidio has anyone seen this the price is 269.00 thanks pat

T

TAZ

I haven't seen the kit that you are talking about, but to answer your question, I personally feel that Iwata makes an excellent brush. I have a few Iwata HP-C brushes. I believe they ran about $110 each from coastairbrush. You may want to check that out. The also carry compressor. This way, you have something to compare to.

If you want a VERY good detailed airbrush (this one may break the bank), you can check out the Iwata Micron series brushes.

:cheers:

hoss

if i had to start all over again. I'd get an iwata eclipse. the one w/ the gravity feed. then later when i wanted the fine detail i'd go w/ the HP-CH or the Micron series brush.

i would definitly go w/ iwata!

martin3294

The differences between a dual or double action airbrush and a single action airbrush is that with a dual action airbrush you control the air supply along with the paint with one finger control. On the Iwata you press down for air and pull back for paint, the amount of paint is dependant on how far you pull back whilst holding down the trigger. More fiddly but a much more controlable airbrush. A single action is a more traditional way of airbrush design. As soon as you call for air you also get a pre set amount of paint also. to control a single action you would use the tip to control the paint flow. The best type is which suits you yourself. Also depends on what you are using the airbrush for? What type of paint you are spraying, different paints spray better with different airbrushes, tell us more what you want to do with the airbrush and it will be easier to give you good advice. A bit like a guessing game without knowing what you want to do.