My first custom job

dgunthert

I actually did this a couple of years ago after a lot of reading of the how-to's when the parent site (customflamepainting.com) had the tutorials and the early version of this forum.

2002 Honda Shadow 750, stretched tank, lowered, with HoK Kandy Tangerine over Gamma Gold, Solar Gold, and White base coats. Not bad for making it up as I went along. Big props to this place, though, for making it sound easy.

2997679326_1be4913487.jpg

n1230344697_30093069_7748.jpg

Working on a custom job right now for my new bike....bicycle, that is.

grichardson152

Looks great, Good job, I also have a shadow 750. Lowered it and made a hard tail out of it. Gotta ask where you found a stretched tank to fit it or did you fab a harley tank? Was gonna fab a harley tank but just can't find the time. nice set of pipes too!

dgunthert

Didn't find a tank anywhere. I took the stock tank, rolled the seams on the bottom, and then fabbed up a cosmetic extension using metal cut from an old Chevy pickup hood. I shaped it just using my hands and a pair of Vise Grips.

Since I don't know how to weld, I took it to a local place to weld on for me. From there, I did all the grinding and filling before paint.

I've got some pics of that process that I'll post up tonight.

grichardson152

Cool. I'll look for 'em. Helps me out, I really didn't want to spend a few hundred on a tank I'd have to fab anyway. I'll have to show some picks of mine, It was a bad attempt on using vinyl graphics and I knew it when I was doing it, just one of those thing that I wanted to get it on the road ya know. Now I haven't had the time to strip it and do it up right. I'll try to add a couple of pic's later of a sporty I just did for a guy too, see what you think.