My 1966 C-10 frame-off build

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Below is a C-10 I am doing a frame-off. I'll be updating the thread from time to time.
I am putting in a 383 with a 200-4r. Lowering the truck 7" in back and 5.5" in front.
I plan on spending a year to build it.

Before Pics
DSC04432.JPGbefore04.jpg
Purchased 8/22/2010
Pretty clean truck to start with. Came with the orig 327 which I have since sold

September Pics
right-door-primed.jpgdisassemble01.jpg

October pics
23.jpg02.jpg

November Pics
05-loading-for-sandblast.jpg08-frame.jpg01.jpg14-bumper.jpg

December pics

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Just got word yesterday that the 383 that I am having built pulled 458hp
(461 lbs of torque at 4800rpm) on the Dyno.

dyno-files-12-8-10-004.jpgdyno-files-12-8-10-011.jpgdyno-files-12-8-10-001.jpg

Coner

that thing is going to be awesome. i really love the 65 and 66 c10's. looking forward to seeing the progress.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
that thing is going to be awesome. i really love the 65 and 66 c10's. looking forward to seeing the progress.

Thanks Coner!
I'll probably add updates every week or two. Since you added a post, you should automatically get emailed once I add an update

Coner

Excellent! I drove a 67 c10 around for a while, but it was just a glorified farm truck with a targetmaster 350 and three on the tree. Neglected it for a while, mainly because it wasn't a 65 stepside, then traded it for a 70 Fury.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
wow, guess it has been awhile, been updating all my updates on on my build on my other website. Forgot I had a thread going here.

Here are some February updates...

01-bumper-new-color.jpg12-fan-installed.jpg09-first-fuel-fill.jpg
Ready to fire it up!

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some March updates....

My own special 'lime green pearl' mix.
All the gloss black you see on the cab is now Harley Davidson Denim Black which is basically a black satin done in a basecoat/clearcoat

24-painted-outside.jpg09-paint.jpg21-painted-outside.jpg19-paint.jpg12-paint.jpg13-paint.jpg26-bottom.jpg29-bottom.jpg07-paint.jpg16-paint.jpg

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
April Updates....
Cab was installed late March.

Installed the inner and outer fenders just to see what it will look like. Notice the 'smooth' front bumper (no bolts).

You can see the "satin black" basecoat/clearcoat in the pics below. the reason this is all masked up now. This is not something you want to be sitting around in a bodyshop getting overspray all over it. So this will pretty much have to be masked up until it's done.
Just installed the front windshield today with the "Custom" cab stainless moldings (pretty rare). Had the moldings polished to a chrome like finish.

40-frontfender.jpg34-cab_on_frame1.jpg39-black-denim.jpg38-black-denim.jpg

mockup2.jpgmockup3.jpginner_fender_painted1.jpgmockup1.jpginner_fender_painted3.jpg
The third to last pic is the underside of the inner fender. This is what you will see when you look inside the front fender wheel well.

Last edited:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Guess I also need to post an updated pic of the 383. Looks like the last one I had showed those nasty headers that they used on the dyno.

I also included a pic of the 'satin black' grill which I completely rebuilt a couple months ago. These pics were taken in Jan, 2011

03-grill-assy01.jpg10-fan-installed.jpg12-fan-installed.jpg

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Some updated pics for the end of April, beginning of May.

19-gauge-wiring.jpg
4/19
20-lighted_gauges.jpg

08-lowered.jpg
Lowered to just give me an idea of the final stance. Front is 5.5 lower, rear is 7 lower

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
May updates on my 66 Chevy C-10 build
Did the "Maiden Voyage" last week

Was running a bit rough since it had been sitting

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
June 2011 updates

The 'real' Maiden Voyage!
May 18, 2011

bed_before04.jpgbed_on_truck1.jpg
Mocked up the bed to make sure the 295 - 20" tires would fit
heerrrreeees_scotty.jpgplenum01.jpgtruck1.jpgtruck6.jpgtruck_home_1.jpg
The first real maiden voyage - drove from work to home.
truck_home9.jpg

DSC02411.JPG
Fathers day 2011 - daughter and G-kids​

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Dallas Almost forgot.
I'm working on the bed now. Got my door glass in and tinted. Redid my exhaust so the mufflers will now be under the bed. The exhaust runs through the crossmember.
Also got my moldings on and some other little things.
Spent most of my time doing the bodywork on the bedside, along with the front panel and tailgate.
JUST got in my drivers bedside and had it sandblasted. Should have the bed painted in about 3 weeks or so.

July Updates
muffler3.jpgtint_glass_left_inside.jpgtint_glass_left_rear_outsid.jpgtruck04.jpg
motor_with_air_induction.jpg