MAC Valve or not? and a Teflon?

papasmurf

Hey all, I'm new to this but have narrowed my choice of airbrush down to 3. I want a good AB so i'm looking at all IWATAs, Hi-line HP-CH (with Mac Valve), the HP-C Plus, and the Eclipse HP-CS. I plan on repainting my motorcycle and won't something that I'll be able to use for a long time.
My questions are:

1. Should I get the MAC Valve or not?

2. I noticed that the Hi-line HP-CH, and the HP-C Plus both come with teflon for solvent paints. I've only seen this on the coastairbrush site so i'm assuming it's something they do extra. If they do it and i go with the Eclipse with teflon will I be satisfied.

3. Last thing, the eclipse comes with a .35 nozel while the others come with .30.. Which will be more versitile for me to use.

Thanks
Mike

zopi

if you order from Coast airbrush you can get any of Iwatas brushed with teflon bearings...the HP-C will do almost anything you will ever need to do as far as automotive airbrushing...'s my workhorse..

Ultra Al

I have Richpen's and Iwata's all have teflon which is uro resistant. None of them have a MAC valve. When i buy another one I will get the MAC valve although the only real advantage I can see is that you dont have to reach down to the compressor regulator to lower or raise the air pressure. Since my airbrush compressor is close by and easily moved, ain't no biggie. BTW the Richpen 113 is similar (nearly identical) to the HP-C and comes with teflon packing and is available from Bear Air The Richpen is also a little cheaper.I have two 112's and two 113's and they work fine, nothing against the Iwata's I have about every model of them except the Micron because I think my HP B's with a 0.2 tip at this point in time is as good as I am somehow I cant justify a $350 airbrush. AL