Just got a new Airbrush

wickedpty

I just got an Iwata Eclipse. It is my first gun. Alls I got was the un. What other accessories do I need to get. What kind of paint can I use for automotive applications? Is there any good how tos out there for first timers? If this isnt a good gun tell me, I can retrn it and get a better one if needed. I just need a general use one that I can have fun with and use on my car. Thanks.
bounce.gif

Bornhard

well in my opinion, you just purchased the best brand of airbrush...I own a couple Eclipses and use them for most of my general airbrushing uses. I sprayed House of Kolor, DuPont, Valspar & PPG urethane paints through my airbrushes. Just reduce them a bit more than the manufacture recommends.

As for how-to’s, there are some good videos out there. I suggest Vince Goodeve’s & Craig Fraisers tapes for airbrush use with automotive paints. I’ve been airbrushing for over a year now & I still watch the tapes I own for info I may of missed, or inspiration. Coast Airbrush has excellent prices on their videos, but shop around.