Iwata HP-C

A

aircooled

My new HP-C broke, and I'm quite pissed! I've had the same HP-C for 8 years now, and I loved the thing. It felt good, worked great, and took alot of abuse. So you can imagine that when it came time to buy a new air brush, I made sure to get the Iwata HP-C again along with a custom micron. Total cost to me was $950 aprox. Well last nite I walked on the hose and my new hp-c fell on to my work bench. I thought i broke the nedle, when in fact what happened was the colour cup seperated from the body of the brush. Now I've done this before, to the old brush and everything was fine.any way the new brush is now useless. I sent a pic and an e-mail to the place where i bought it and i have yet to get a responce, I will call them tomorrow and talk to someone and see what can be done. I think it should be able to take a bump or two, I just hope the company feels the same.
Has anyone else bought an Iwata product lately? because the new airbrush, when compared to the old one seems to be made kind of second rate to the older one. there are rougher edges, things rattle, ya know little things like that.
Any way thanks for listening to the rant. I'll let you know how i get on with the art place where i got it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

impact51

I own about six Iwata's and love them all. I have an HP-C and a HP-C Deluxe...the only issue I had was with the fluid nozzle threading on the Deluxe...the fluid nozzle sort of snapped off in the threads with some light torque pressure using the wrench they include. Iwata fixed it all and put a new fluid nozzle in for $20 (US). I also have a Micron and think the quality is really high compare to the Badgers, Pasche's I've owned in the past. I keep them clean and the spray great for me! Oh yeah, I've done that dropping the airbrush thing before & now I try extra hard to disconnect the airhose from the airbrush (quick disconnects worth the $$$), so I don't snag or trip on the hose and pull the airbrush off the surface it's on. Also make sure you store it safely etc etc.

T

tcannon

I bought a new HP-C a few months ago from Dixie Art $129 US delivered. I guess it's like everything else Japanese, not quite up to the old quality, but still quite good. TC