Isn't it funny...

K

kevsLX

Isn\'t it funny...

...how so many "friends" pop out of the woodwork once they find out that you do paint work?
I mean, I'll always cut a good friend a break or help someone out, but folks I've met maybe once or twice are all of the sudden my bestest buddy and are suprised that I'm not gona paint their stuff for $100, especially since thier neighbor/Earl Schieb/Maaco/crackhead brother-in-law will paint their stuff for $50 and a case of Bud.
You guys get this too?

T

TWISTED

Re: Isn\'t it funny...

Always. My favorite is when they ask you for a price and seem to be insulted with the price you give them, no matter how low.
And the big question "How come it costs so much to paint a bike. Earl Sheib paints a whole car for less than $300."
And They always come back after the cheaper guy screwd the paint job up.
haha.gif

K

kevsLX

Glad to hear I'm not alone!
I cured one guy of this by taking him to the PPG jobber with me to buy 2K primer, base, clear and some other stuff. Now he understands the materials cost at least. Trying to explain why the labor is so expensive is another thing.
ohwell.gif

S

shaunboy

I usually tell them that over time at work pays better than what they want me to do a job for .
But these days people know better then even to bother asking me to paint their shitboxes for dirt cheap .once you get used to painting quality stuff at work the thought of doing a rough home job is just a joke.
haha.gif
haha.gif