Infra red lamps!

T21pac

Hi! Can someone please explain how to use these lamps properly! My rough understanding is you paint the panel, wait for the flash period and then turn the lamps on. I've also read you can set them to half power during the flash period?? Can they be turned on whilst in the booth?. I spray in cold conditions in the lovely English weather so need to rely on the heat from the lamps as a heated booth isn't available. Any suggestions on the best techniques for achieving a finish??

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
I really haven't used lamps. I would 'think' that you could go ahead and paint with them on in the booth, but not for sure.
The times that I have used them is that I've sprayed and THEN put the lights on it. Don't get it too close to the paint.

I don't know if I helped any.
I'm in FL so we don't get too much cold ;>)

chopolds

I've got a heated shop, but I've used them once in a while. You can use them to pre-heat cold metal before doing any filler or paint work, as well as paint curing. As Taz said, though, just be careful, as they do get HOT and can blister/burn paint if it's too close.

T21pac

Cheers guys! Reading the instructions is very vague and confusing to be honest. Reading your replys doesn't make me jealous at all.... Florida climate, a heated booth.... I get misty, murky English mornings!!