Indian Larry bike

L

lilacgirl4

I was wondering if any of you guys know how to do a paint job like the one on the Gasoline Alley bike that Indian Larry did in the latest Easyrider. That is a sweet job!
grin.gif

rex

Finally found it,I was looking in June's issue.The blue is a typical HOK candy and the silver flames are silver leaf,like gold leaf of the 70s.Others on here have played with the stuff and can tell you more about it than I can.The swirls on the silver leaf are called jewelling or engine turning,it's popular on bolt action rifle bolts.All you do is make up a polishing tip and spin it a little,moving it a specified distance each time to create a new swirl until you cover the surface.On this stuff I'm sure a quick light twist is all you need compared to steel that requires a good amount of spinning with rough cutting compound.Very cool effect but it's a little labor intensive.

D

DenB.

Rex is on target . one way to help get the effect is to get a dowel from a harware store and glue some felt to the tip try a very mild polishing compound( you can improvise with soft scrub) the stuff you use when washing dishes i know --- sounds nutty but i did it a while back it works

L

lilacgirl4

thanks guys! That's cool! I can't wait to have a place to try all this stuff!
yesnod.gif

D

DenB.

JUST KEEP IN MIND YOU'LL NEED A STEADY HAND IF YOU WANT THE SWIRLS IN A STREIGHT LINE OR YOU CAN TAPE A LINE