Image Transfer


New member
Hey y'all,

I'm wondering how this type of image transfer is done. I've heard of a couple different methods but was hoping someone who had experience doing this kind of thing could provide a tried and true method. Thank you!


It's hard to tell without seeing up close, but that could just be airbrushing.
If not, they have a thing called water transfers. You dip the tank into a water solution. The transfer will lay on on the tank. Then you clearcoat.
If you look close at this type work you'll see very small dots.
My guess would be that is airbrushed on the tanks though.

We used to have an in-house guy that did the most incredible detailed work I've ever seen
Attached was one of some of his work