I just ordered a Sprayfine A301 turbine HVLP

Airborne

Does anyone have experiance with these things? I have heard from a few people who say that they would never go back to compressor type painting systems. I also ordered a seperate gun and fluid tip set so I can dedicate one to just primers. Let me know what every one thinks.

teddyr

I personally do not know anyone that has used one of the turbine systems. I have been wondering about getting one myself. Please post some of your opinions and tell us what you think. I would like to know if they work as well as advertised.

Thanks, Teddy

KEV2504

I have a Graco Turbine system I bought about 7 years ago. I have only used it with laquers for spraying Cabinets. I think it works great for that, but have never tried it for auto paints yet.

Kev

Airborne

I am going to do a couple of tests with mine in a month or so, then paint my bike and truck and the wifes car...

Slamin Sam

I work in a body shop in 1995 that used one of the Graco's. Very low overspray, but the paint & clear had a very grainy texture. Everything had to be buffed. The thing I noticed was that the turbines heated the air before it went to the gun which seemed to dry the paint a little faster.
With some of these newer clears might be able to get it to flow out pretty good. But the newer machines might not be like that.

Sam

Airborne

I am home from Iraq, and I sprayed my strat with it. I screwed it up the first time, second time... I had to get used to the way it sprays. Once I get the hang of it I will paint something and post up pics. I am impressed with the thing guys.

Zagando

Hey, Airborne, how did you like your turbine system?

Am considering a HVLP turbine system to paint my motorcycle---did anyone here ever use one and what were your results?

Photos would be nice as well as recommendations. Thanks!

Airborne

Am considering a HVLP turbine system to paint my motorcycle---did anyone here ever use one and what were your results?

Photos would be nice as well as recommendations. Thanks!
I painted a few things with it then went back to Iraq and have moved since then. I loved it, sprayed differently because the air constantly runs through the gun but did a fine job. No pics because I always forget that part.