how do you clean

hoss

how do you clean your pinstripping brushes? I've just started and have been practicing then cleaning them by just dipping them in laquer thinner. I think i might have ruined them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beat.gif

A

alienboy

I use"excaliber brush cleaner and then I put on a brush preservative made by the same company to keep everything oiled.

rex

I have a gun cleaning tank that recycles thinner (from Safety Clean @ $300+ a month at work) so I just flush it out real good under the recycled thinner and then rinse it with the clean thinner.The only thing I do is after the final flush I shake the hell out of it to dry out the thinner so the bristles separate out like it was new.I can't stripe for crap and only use it for dragging an auto pinstripe after I lay out the lines with fineline so I'm sure the pro's do it different.

Burnt

Lard oil. Clean your brush real well then dip it into some lard oil and work it real good into the heal of the brush. When you next use your brush, clean real good and go. Lard oil never dries and it will keep any paint you may have missed in the heal from drying and getting hard. I have used it for years. I bought a bottle of it from Dick Blick.