Help with mistakes.

timsz

001.jpg002.jpgIn the first pic you see the blue going into the black. That mistake is only about a half inch. It was clear coated. What's the best option to fix it ? Scuff, then respray ? In the second pic is a door that was clear coated. I sanded through the clear coat and ruined the blue line. How can I fix that ? Respray the blue and the black that is above the blue ? Do I scuff or sand ? Should I respray the whole door ? Any help ? Thank you very much.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to tell if those are closeups or really what we are looking at, but from what I can see, you should be able to just blend the base and blend the clear, then just buff those areas.
But, if the areas are contained in a small area, I would recommend sanding the complete area, then blending the area, the reclear the area.

Possibly add some pics from farther away to see what we are looking at.

timsz

More pics.

002.jpg001.jpgThe whole door and the 1/4 window. The mistake by the 1/4 window is about 1 1/4 inches long. Thank you.

I'm with Taz, if it was me, and I am no expert, but I would prep and mask and re-shoot the area and blend and re-clear and buff, I'd bet that color would blend right in fairly easily.

txwayno

I say the same thing. I would know 'cause I screw up like that A LOT!
It's like my welding. I go thru more grinding disk then welding wire.