Hang On!

T

TAZ

Hang on Joe and Rex...here comes Charley

Crap...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drink.gif

Bornhard

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I've been in FL nearly my whole life and we had some close ones, but this one looks like it's gonna land on top of us! Rex is probably gonna get tropical storm weather and Scott and I might get real close to the eye of the storm. I just hope it weakens a bit before it hits us (unlikely though)!

Well Scott, give us an update afterwards and I'll post how things look down here in Sarasota and Manatee Counties. PP city is probably gonna get hit harder though!

I'm at the shop Fri morning doing last minute preps etc 'cause it's sunny and calm out, but it's about to get nasty.

Oh well...hope everybody stays safe and there's not a lot of damage!

Bornhard

I wish I could do this >>>> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eekout.gif
for a couple days!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/luck.gif

Bornhard

Well I'm about perpared as I can be for this hurricane...(2:22pm, Fri)

Sorry Rex! With the changes in hurricane reports it looks like the eye is heading straight to you, but hopefully it will cross enough land mass to weaken a bit. My sister and bro-in law went down around to Fort Myers to avoid the eye of the storm and now it's nearly on top of them 'cause of the change in direction. They just called to say it's looking bad.

Hope everybody's prepared and safe! Rex, Scott post updates after the storm please!

Later guys... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

T

TAZ

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gifYea, it looks like Charley's going to land on Rex (maybe even come close to you Joe
Rex...hang on buddy!!!

Not much going on here (yet)4:00 PM.
Hard to believe the change of the path, but it got pushed over...good luck.

Make sure you have a 'safety room'
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/luck.gif
Scott

T

TAZ

Watchin' radar...right on you right now Rex...hope you're doin' good
5:10 PM Friday.

T

TAZ

One of my customers live in Punta Gorda, Bill Deskins, number 218 in the Samples of Work.
Hope he's all right...great guy!

Boy we got lucky, we're just ready to put our house on the market (next week), close on another house (in a flood zone..never flooded in the past 9 years)next week (couldn't get the flood ins because of the hurricane), and of course our business with 35+ jobs in house...wow...makes you think
145mph winds would have destroyed everything

T

TAZ

Rex,
Let us know how you are doing asap...I'm sure your without power right now, but do let us know when you can.

To all our members...Rex lives in Arcadia, Fl...one of the cities hit by Hurricane Charlie.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/luck.gif

How'd you do Joe B?

We're gettin' more rain today than yesterday. So far 9 tornado *warnings* in the past 3 hours.

Bornhard

My sister left Bradenton FL and went to Punta Gorda/Port Charlette area to stay at her daughter's house thinking the Tampa Bay area was going to get hit the hardest. She was right in the eye at full strength and said it was really scary! This area where I am, just got mild to severe thunderstorm action and nothing was really damaged. We were in the outer rings of the hurricane

The Dragon Bike's (04 Iron Horse I painted like a dragon) owner lives down in Punta Gorda. I need to give him a call and see how he is.

REX, I'll try calling your cell soon to see how you and your family are doing.

Bornhard

I tried calling Rex's cell and went straight to voice mail.
Hopefully he'll post something, or I can reach him in the next couple days to see how he's doing.

T

TAZ

Glad you *and your sister* are all right.
Looked very rough from the videos I've seen.

Keep us posted if you get in touch with Rex.
Scott

Jim

Glad your's and Bornhard's family's are Ok,It sure would be nice to hear from Rex though,I guess with all the power out,it'll be awhile.Hoping for the best,Jim

Bornhard

HEY...REX IS ALRIGHT!

I didn't get to actually talk to him, but he changed his message on his voice mail to update on his status and his family's status. He said everybody is alright, but phones are out or order and cell towers are down etc etc.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew...sigh of relief! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/agree.gif

T

TAZ

EXCELLENT news!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wheeeeeew is right!!!!!!
thanks for posting the update... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yay.gif