Ghost Flames on Orange Paint

J

Jeff

I have a 91 Ford Ranger that is sprayed, Mandaran Copper Metallic. PPG paint code B-6
This is the "burnt" orange color that Ford used on some new Explorers, and Sport-trac's.
I want to spray ghost flames on it and, I am wanting to do it this weekend, but i still am having a problem with what color pearl to use to give it that ghost effect. I already have the special clear to mix it with, but i can' find the pearl that I am looking for. Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated

-Jeff

T

TAZ

Probably gold pearl would work the best.
or
You could save some of the paint (B6) you are using as your base, then tint this color slightly lighter or darker, possibly with the gold pearl or one of the pearls (or metallics) that are already in the formula.
If you use the second method...
keep some of the "original" color in a can so you can compare the two as you are mixing by dipping your paint paddle in the original paint, then dip the paddle in the mixed ghost flame paint (not as far down in the can). You can keep track of the difference as you are mixing by doing it this way since the colors will be directly next to each other.