free base coat???

hoss

I went to the place i get my base coat and asked them if they ever had any screw ups, or paint that people just didn't pick up. The guy looked at me put one finger in the air (index finger) as if to say just a second, and came back with an arm full a base coat paint. He then took a second trip and brought back a second arm full. I said how much $? He said take it it's no use to us. Holy sh*^%! I just got well over $500 of paint for free to practice w/.

Just letting ya know to see if any of you have tried it. If not for free it probably could be purchased for cheep.

Austin

Yeah, you can find that at shops as well. I work for a large collision center, and asked my boss about taking some of the left overs a few years ago. He was happy that I was willing to use it up. You see shops have to pay for waste to be removed, so it actually saves them money.
Austin

T

TAZ

Great deal...usually body shop suppliers will have 'mis-matched' colors, but they usually charge people just walking in. Usually you can still get them at a great deal...but for free is even better.

K

kickstand

The Dealers down here have clearance racks the other day I bought a white pearl cost me $70.00 for 2 oz.

the next day I was picking up some clearcoat and checked out their clearance rack and I got 2 qt's of the exact same pearl for 5.00 a can what a price difference it pays to be a bargain hunter or atleast it did for me!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bigokay.gif