flame designs and stencils

K

kenenthwinter

Does anyone have a good source of flame examples and or stencils? I lack the artistic touch to layout my own design.
shocked.gif

T

TAZ

The only stencils I have heard of are made by "House of Colors". I have never seen any of their stencils, so I really couldn't tell you much about them except for who makes them. Although, I did hear that they were pretty basic and generic layouts and that you have to duplicate the stencil to get a full set of flames.

I have had quite a few requests on this. Maybe an idea in the making!
grin.gif

P

Pauly

Ya know, a stencil would be great, or some way of like having a "giant sticker" made of masking tape that u could just lay over ur hood and fenders, and then just spray on ur flames. That would be pretty cool. Maybe that wouldn't work but if it would that would be great for us "do-it-ur-selfers". Anyway Just my thoughts!

J

Jay

I'm not trying to advertise any other flame painters but I saw where a guy outlined one side of a vehicle then covered it w/ making paper and marked over it w/ the flat side of a crayon to transfer the outline on the paper. He used a "pounce wheel" to make a perforation in the paper, then he used a pounce pad or you could use a sock w/ constructor's chalk (for like chalk lines) to rub through the paper to transfer the same pattern to the other side. So the key is you could buy some banner paper and draw a design and use the pounce wheel and so the same thing and flip the paper over on the other side of the car. Hope this helps any.

T

TAZ

You can view a post here on basically the same way Jay mentioned. It's an older post, but may be worth taking a look at.

You can also do symmetrical flames using this same technique.