ebay cut me off...

T

TAZ

Incredible...1 1/2 days left for an auction I put up (don't do many) and ebay deleted my auction, only because I had www.customflamepainting.com *NOT AS A LINK* as I was informed quite a while back that you cannot add a link to your own website..guess they call these 'stagnet links'...what!!!!!! I thought a link was a link (where you click on text to get from point transferred to another web page. They say this is a "link" because you can 'copy and paste' it in the browser window. Can't believe they just delete an auction...quick as that!!!

Next thing you know they will do away with photos and images since you can 'right click' on them and copy and paste the necessary URL to get to their site...or you can copy and paste a 'title' in the Google toolbar and get a URL to that site.
Also funny how they let members use URL's as usernames.
To ebay.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beat.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beat.gif

Jim

It's a good idea Scott.Where else can you get that much exposure?If someone has a business name included in thier auction,I always do a www search anyway,9 times out of ten,they have a site.Just mention your business name in the description or do an "about me" page,just don't add the "www" or the ".com".You can even post your number(just in case of questions of course)For a business,it's free advertisement even if you don't sell that particular item at the time.Most businesses on ebay have a ton of feedback which means a ton of sales.When I buy from a business who I saw on ebay,they all say the same thing,"I can't believe the sales I get from there"Maybe it's tme to change your username?Jim

T

TAZ

Thanks for the input Jim...lot's of great ideas. I've only put about 5 sets on ebay. I do price them higher, so if I do sell them, at least I got what I wanted. If I don't, at least I get quite a few estimates out of the deal.

Maybe I will change my username and make it the company name (like that idea)!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bigokay.gif Hate to have to start over though 190 feedback at %100.

Jim

Hey Scott,when you change your name,you keep your feedback!You gotta wear the sunglasses for 30 days to show you changed your username..I had my email as my username for 4yrs and Ebay made me change it this yr.Just another way to get some great exposer,Jim

flamethrower

Yep, Jim's right. You keep your feedback rating. Even during the 30 day sunglasses time, users can find out you're 100% by clicking on a link to your user data and find out you're a rock solid seller. Go for it! I've changed my ebay name 5 or 6 times since the beginning.

T

TAZ

hmmmm...not bad...I may have to do that...
Thanks again guys!
scott