convert 220v compressor to 110v/120v HELP!

• Thread starter DiegosAnotherR1
  • Start date
D

DiegosAnotherR1

Hey guys, I was given a Devilbiss compressor, I think it is a 5hp 30gal, I was told it is set up right now to run off of 220 volts. I heard there is a way to convert it to run off of 110v/120v. Does anybody know how to do this? I dont want to plug it into my outlet in the garage till I know its safe to do so. any help is appreciated...THANKS!

Jeff

H

hrlymnsss

say jeff if you take the cover off where the wire goes onto the motor youll see four wires for the 220 youll see that the two middle wires are connected to each other to go to 110 youll need a new lead and connect the two frm the middle to each side of your new leads the instructions might be on the back side of the cover also Ed

D

DiegosAnotherR1

Ed,
Thanks for replying to my post. I'm sorry but I really dont understand what you mean. I took off the cover and found the 6 wires. 2 black, 2 white, 2 green. The first black and white wires goes to the motor. The next black and white wires goes to the plug. One the very bottom I found 2 green wires, 1 from the motor, and 1 from the plug, both used as ground. Can you give me detailed instructions on what to do with these wires to convert to 110v? Thanks

You can Email me at JAlfiler@aol.com

Jeff