Compressor?

Joshuashaw

I am looking for an air compressor use with my DeVilbliss DAGR airbrush and also when I get better and advance, something that will be compatable with spray guns for when I start doing larger projects like car bonnets, bike tanks, maybe murals? What kind of PSI do these needs? I have around £120 poss more to spend with a push for soemthing that will benefit me for a good few years. Thoughts about this, cheapest I've seen with a good PSI range and sileneced also;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spraymaster-P...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Any help much appreciated.

T

TAZ

I'm sure that will get you by for an airbrush, but I don't think it would for a spray gun.
I would imagine that you would need about a 3-5 hp compressor with possibly a 30-50 gallon tank for a spray gun. I'm sure if you need to use it for the spray gun, that you will be using it for some other air tools.

Maybe some other members and give you some input if they work out of their garage or small shop

Joshuashaw

In terms of sound, what indicates on a air compressors spec the kind of sound it gives out if they haven't posted a dBa, hope you get what I am trying to ask.

I have found a chainstore that do a wide range of air compressors and I need a general idea of the spec I am looking for within my price range of £150. I won't ever be painting full cars, car bonnets maybe but never something as big as a full car spray so a rough HP & how many litres I require.

Any help much appreciated.

T

TAZ

I think the one you just linked to will work fine as long as you plan on just using an airbrush, a small SCFM air tool or a spray gun.

This shouldn't be too loud. As far as I know they don't have a 'loud' rating.

The only other alternative would be to buy a bigger compressor and put it outside under cover, but it doesn't sound like this would work for you.

I have a 7 hp cheapo compressor ($950) and a 7 hp Ingersoll Rand and they both have 80 gallon tanks, and the IR, is a lot quieter!