Cleaning a rough edge

T

TAZ

If you have a "rough" edge on one of your flames or graphics, instead of spotting or blending this small area in (which usually ends up in a bigger spot), you can just take a piece of 1/8" fine line, and lay it so it goes right inside the flames edge and "merge" it a couple inches away above and below the bad area.

Now, take a cloth dampened with lacquer thinner or reducer and wipe away the bad spot along with the rest of the "old" line. Pull off the tape, and if you did this correctly, the bad spot is gone, and will go un-noticed since you subtly remade the line---works great!!

Save time and put this tip to good use!!
grin.gif

B

Bigdan1928

AMEN!Ive done this a lot and it saved my but more than once.This should be tip of the year!Later. Big DAn

J

Jeremy Farny

awesome tip, damn i wish I would have read this before I did my first one. I did the old tape around the outside and touch it up. It worked ok but it was a pain in the butt. This is a good tip Scott. Wish I would have thought of it when I painted my bike. Now I Know.

T

TAZ

when you bring your new tape line that you are laying out to blend back onto the old painted on line.

In other words, you are recreating a brand new line right inside the old. You have to merge it back in with the old line somewhere away from the damaged area.

This works if you have a fuzzy or messed up edge.

H

huckfin1

This should be the tip of the year, I tried it today and it works very Good